PARISH NURSING PROJECT
PARISH NURSE – PERSON SPECIFICATION
Nursing role requirements:
The Parish Nurse must
- Have and maintain First Level Professional Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of the UK (NMC)
- Practise at all times within the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Complete the Parish Nursing Education course run in the UK under the auspices of the International Parish Nursing Resource Centre
- Attend Parish Nursing Study days and appropriate conferences for continuing professional development
- Be able and willing to meet the requirements of the Job Description as required
- If the Parish Nurse is a Volunteer, he/she must maintain Professional Indemnity Insurance (such as Royal College of Nursing membership). A Parish Nurse who is salaried through The Steeple Church will be provided by the church with Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- Have several years of contemporary nursing experience
- Be a committed Christian and maintain personal spiritual growth and development
- Declare all criminal convictions. PVG check will be required.
The Parish Nurse requires to:
- Be able to work effectively as a team member
- Be able to work with little supervision, making appropriate clinical decisions
- Be able to manage their workload and time effectively
- Work within the church management system, with NHS colleagues and across a range of agencies
- Maintain the integrity and reputation of the Nursing profession, of Parish Nursing and of the Christian faith at all times.
- Maintain written records of patient/client interactions
- Develop new Parish Nursing initiatives within the Project as appropriate in conjunction with Lead Parish Nurse and Project Management Group
- Nursing experience in community setting
- Live in or within reasonable reach of Dundee
- Be able to travel independently to venues where work activities happen
- Wear clothing and footwear suited to the role (not provided)
- Participate in some Parish Nursing publicity activity, for example at a stand at conferences, at local meetings etc.
- Share good practice with other Parish Nurses.